Club Penguin Island (formerly referred to as "Project: Super Secret") is a mobile-based, massively multiplayer online role-playing game. It is the successor to Club Penguin. It was released on March 29th 2017.
- Club Penguin Island's history traces back to 2014, when it was then referred to as "Project:Super Secret".
- Two years of secrecy and small sneak peaks finally ended in November 2016 when Club Penguin Island was officially announced by Megg on the blog.
- Soon afterwards, a closed beta test was held for about two and a half weeks. A geo-beta test opened in December 2016 for players in Australia and New Zealand.
- In January 2017, the geo-beta was extended to players in Canada.
- On January 27th 2017, Megg confirmed that Club Penguin Island would launch in March 2017.
- Club Penguin Island launched on March 29th 2017. A day later, Club Penguin closed down for good.
- The Club Penguin Island Party was held in January 2017 to promote the game.
- Unlike Club Penguin, which uses 2D SWF files, Club Penguin Island uses 3D graphics.